PDA

View Full Version : reset gauge needles

konfusion
11-07-2011, 09:39 PM
I replaced my fusion gauges with a milan cluster. How do I reset the needles to read correctly?

sonicx
11-07-2011, 10:41 PM
Did you mark the needles prior to removing them? Because it's gonna be tough to get them back to where they were beforehand. However, have you tried yet to unplug your battery (leave it off for 10 minutes) and plugging it back in? If not, then go to turn the car on and watch the gauges flip. It should go to their their max setting. If they stop short, you'll know you need to keep moving them. Keep doing it until they match. Not I am not 100% this would work but it's at least a start (if you haven't tried).

PS: Welcome to the our Forums.

konfusion
11-08-2011, 12:10 AM
No, it didn't go all the way to the max and the gauges stayed below zero. Should I place the needles when the car is running.

sonicx
11-08-2011, 11:04 AM
Like I said, since you said they stopped short, you now know that you need to keep moving them until they match. Are all your needles off like.... MPH, RPM's, etc?

konfusion
11-21-2011, 06:56 PM
actually , I had to take the car back to ford to reprogramm the gauges :), So what i ended up doing was replace the oem fusion gauges with ones from the 07 milan