Have a New 2012 Shelby GT500 Arriving... - Page 8
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Have a New 2012 Shelby GT500 Arriving...

The North Shore isn't that far...hour and a half to Duluth only, to get on scenic 61...

From there it depends on how often and how long you make stops. Straight through...Grand Marias is another 2 hours up 61. I turned that two hour drive into 4 and a half. It was well worth it!

Sounds awesome... I think I would go insane from the terrible drone from the MAC mufflers on my car... I used to drive to/from Grand Forks ND (300 miles) frequently in my car and when I'd get out I just felt numb from the vibrations.... sounds like sechs when I get on it, but gets annoying fast on the highway.

I really need to get me some straight-through mufflers like Magnaflows or Magnapacks.

The convertible makes such a difference on the trip...out in the sun, seeing the birds overhead, feeling the crispness of the lake cooled air...just awesome!

That was exactly the type of cruising I had in mind when I purchased the car!
    Last edited by TaLoN; 07-06-2011 at 08:31 AM.

Do you ever wish you would have got the SVT package (springs, 20 inch rears, etc.)? I actually like the look of the 5-spoke, non-SVT package wheels better!

Thanks,

I have absolutely no regrets in going without the SVTPP.

IMO not only do the 5 spoke rims look better, but the thin stripes of the PP do absolutely nothing for me either!

Ford had already drastically upgraded the sstandard suspension in 2010 over the 07-09 models, reducing the weight like they did for 11-12 has improved the handling even more. Since I got the car primarily as a cruiser, I felt there was no real reason I'd need the SVTPP.